NHS Supply Chain Code:
Repose Companion is a unique device which moves with the patient, combining effective pressure redistribution and safer lateral transfers.
Combining effective pressure redistribution with safer lateral patient transfers
Repose Companion is a unique device which moves with the patient, combining effective pressure redistribution and safer lateral transfers. 'A logical solution to lateral transfer' - Rather than move the patient from one surface to another, move them together.
A patient is likely to experience a wide variety of support surfaces throughout the journey from admission to discharge - some may provide adequate pressure redistribution but typically, most will not. In addition, the transfers between surfaces may cause pressure damage due to the friction and shear forces exerted in many lateral transfer procedures.
- Low Air technology distributes weight evenly and doesn't lose its shape
- Reduces shear and friction forces associated with lateral transfer.
- The patient is always protected by an effective pressure redistributing surface
- Saves time and effort during the lateral transfer process
- Avoids expenditure on transfer products such as slide sheets
- Radiolucent with minimal artefact
- Corner retaining straps fit securely to any support surface
- The zip has an integral cover flap for added protection against fluid ingress
- The cover can be wiped down or machine washed at 65˚C Repose can be cleaned and reused
- Contents: 1 x Repose Companion & 1 x Small Pump
- Inflated Dimensions L 1970mm x W 880mm x H 50mm
- Order Code: 6990003
- Max Patient Weight 139kg
- Inflation, deflation and repacking instructions: Please see download tab for instructions.
- Cleaning instructions: Please see download tab for cleaning guidance.
- Repose is supplied with a 3 year warranty as standard.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
Repose products provide effective pressure redistribution for all people at risk of developing pressure ulcers, including those assessed as very high risk. Repose is also appropriate for users with pressure related tissue damage - clinical supervision is advised where the damage is severe.
LIMITATIONS FOR USE
Repose is not suitable for the following:
- Persons weighing in excess of 139kg
- Persons with unstable spinal fractures
- Where body shape is such that the person cannot be fully supported by the Repose mattress overlay or cushion
- Repose is suitable for use with bed and trolley side rails subject to the bed or trolley manufacturer’s instructions and appropriate risk assessment
If deterioration in skin condition is noted, clinical advice should be sought and, if so advised, use of the product discontinued. Avoid direct contact with heat and sharp objects. When deflated, keep away from babies and small children. Keep away from pets.
VAT REFUNDS FOR DISABLED USERS
If you are chronically sick or disabled you may be eligible to claim back the VAT on your order.
Step 1: Place and complete your order.
Step 2: Download and complete the Eligibility Declaration Form.
Step 3: Send the completed form to Frontier Medical Group.
Step 4: If eligible we will refund the VAT to the card you used to process your Repose order.
To apply for VAT relief please complete your purchase and download the Eligibility Declaration Form. Please send the completed form to Frontier Medical Group. We will then process your application. If you are eligible for VAT relief we will refund the VAT to the card you used to process your order payment.
For further details please see our terms and conditions or visit the HMRC website.