Scottish Needle Exchange Conference 20164th October 2016 Perth Racecourse, Perth
Scottish Needle Exchange Conference 2016
Back to Basics – Reducing Harm, Saving Lives
The Scottish Needle Exchange Conference is now in its 5th year, the event will focus on up and coming developments and trends within substance misuse.
The aim is to facilitate professional development, covering a range of topics and allow a forum for networking opportunities, information sharing and innovation to be shared amongst the substance misuse treatment providers and our partners.
- Conference Chair – Carole Hunter
Lead Pharmacist, Addiction Services, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Harm Reduction – A question of attitude
Kirsten Horsburgh – National Naloxone Coordinator, Scottish Drugs Forum
- Psychostimulation- Stimulant injecting prevalence, motives and consequences
Katy MacLeod – National Training and Development Officer, Scottish Drugs Forum
- HIV in people who inject drugs – new problem and old challenges
Louise Carroll – Public Health Programme Manager, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde
- Needle Exchange Surveillance Initiative
- Needle Exchange – Basics & Gold Standard
Gareth Balmer, Addaction
- Injecting Wounds, Infections and other Tissue Issues
Alison Coull, Harm Reduction Service, NHS Lothian
Emma Hamilton, Scottish Drugs Forum
- Injecting Image & Performance Enhancing Drugs
Finlay Colville, Alcohol and Drugs action
- Stimulant Injecting Basics
Katy MacLeod, Scottish Drugs Forum
Accommodation for the SNXC conference is available
at The Lodge At Perth Racecourse.
The following exhibitors will be supporting the SNXC conference in Perth.
In Conjunction with the Scottish Drugs Forum
Visit the SDF website to learn more.